Thursday, July 1, 2010

Canada!

HAPPY CANADA DAY!

So I'm spending the day in Guelph at my parents house and having a very relaxing time. So far all I've done is sleep and eat. The plan was to come home and help my mom out with some gardening but sometimes just the idea of having a day off is enough to get me in laze-oid mode. I'm hoping that by writing this now I'll be inspired to get back to business. Slowly but surely...

I was planning on posting photos of something I worked on for the celebrations but silly me forgot my camera upload cord. Oops. I still plan on posting those photos but it will have to be for another day. In the meantime, I was thinking I should at least pop out something in honour of the day! So I was going through my mind bank trying to find some stereotypical Canadian things to photo bomb the blog with (poutine, beavertail, Celine Dion...igloos?) when I had a glorious thought! It takes only 1 photo..and yet combines 3 things truly Canadian. I present you with Jeanne Beker wearing an amazing Smythe Blanket Coat designed for HBC. Yes yes...its a winter coat and winter should be the last thing on my mind right now BUT winter is pretty much linked to Canada sooo.. that makes a 4 in 1 bonus for me!!

Photobucket
Image taken from fashionmagazine.com

Katie for F3

10 comments:

  1. that's a great jacket! love the splash of color.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She looks so amazing in that jacket!! I love the colors!! xoxoxoxoo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want this jacket! Could I afford it? :p





    LA

    ReplyDelete
  4. love that jacket on her, your blog is so nice!


    myblissisthisway.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I"m in love with the jacket!

    -Silvia

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes! Agreed! I have been obsessed with this jacket since it started popping up around the time of the Olympics. Its a specially made jacket for HBC (Hudson Bay Company) that Canadian design duo Smythe put together. I think only 100 or so were made. Boo! See link below for its super cute profile view.

    http://www.torontolife.com/daily/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/hbcsmythe.jpg

    ReplyDelete
  7. happy belated canada day! The jacket is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That jacket makes her whole outfit! Have fun indulging in yummy food and your bed :)

    www.morningcloak.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow, so much colors for winter. but she looks so good in it.

    http://nouveauskin.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete